MEMBERSHIP AND ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY
- The library services are meant for registered RUC Students, Staff and Council members.
- Alumni can request to use the library through the university college Librarian’s office. To ensure efficient usage of the library services and resources, the following rules and regulations will apply:
- All new students are required to register at the beginning of their 1st year, 1st semester
- University college identity cards that double as library cards are issued once at the beginning of the 1st year.
- Library users must always have their university college identity cards while in the library
- University cards are not transferable. Identification may be required for verification if /when necessary.
- All library users are expected to have read and understood the rules and regulations upon Registration
- The library reserves the right to cancel membership of a user on the basis of misconduct.
- Silence must be maintained in the library all the time. NB: No discussions in the library.
- Use of mobile phones, iPods and other electronics that might cause disturbances in the library is prohibited and they will be confiscated if used
- Smoking, Eating and Drinking (including water) are not allowed in the library.
- Brief cases, large bags, hats, (kofias) and parcels must be deposited at the luggage area
- Unauthorized borrowing of library information material will be treated as theft, and disciplinary measures will be taken against the culprit.
DAMAGE OR LOSS OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION MATERIALS
- Lost or mutilated information material(s) on loan will be replaced with full cost of the current edition of the material(s) plus Ksh. 500 administrative fee.
- Writing, defacing or damaging information materials is prohibited. Users who mutilate library materials will be asked to replace the full cost of a current edition of the material(s) plus Ksh. 500 administrative fee.
- Any user who willfully damages library property will be held responsible for its replacement plus Ksh. 500 administrative fee.
- Borrowed information materials must be handled with care.
- Library users must borrow library materials using library cards
- Some information materials are designated for use in the library only.
- Borrowed material should be returned on or before the due date. Failure to return the book on the due date will attract overdue charges as follows. Long loan Ksh 5/= per day and Short loan Ksh 5/= per hour.
|RONGO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LIBRARY LENDING POLICY|
|SHORT LOAN||LONG LOAN|
|Category of users||No. of items||Duration||No. of items||Duration|
|1||Teaching staff||1||7 days||5||30 Days|
|2||Non-Teaching staff||1||1 day||2||14 days|
|3||Undergraduates/diploma/certificate||1||1 day||4||14 days|
|4||Postgraduate||1||7 days||5||30 days|
|5||ODEL students||1||7 days||5||30 days|
|6||Management & Council members||1||7 days||5||30 days|
- All users are required to clear from the library before leaving the University.
- All borrowed books should be returned before the user is finally cleared
- Users are required to ensure that valuable items (such as money, laptops, phones etc) are not at the baggage area.
- The library will not be held responsible for loss of any property left unattended in the library by users.
RULES ON THE USE OF THE DIGITAL LIBRARY
- The following will constitute unacceptable use of computers and the internet.
- Booking or reserving PC machines shall not be allowed
- Users are not allowed to transmit or receive any material that Infringe copyright, obscene material, pornographic material or protected material.